Developing governors’ skills, knowledge and understanding to improve your school’s overall effectiveness.
Our comprehensive training programme, delivered by a nationally respected adviser on school improvement and governance, will focus on a wide range of themes including:
- Understanding the purpose of governance – aimed at those new to school governance and governors who want to refresh their understanding
- Preparing for your next Ofsted inspection
- Understanding the role of governance in school improvement – ensure the governing board has strategic overview of their school’s plans, actions and outcomes
- How to monitor your school and hold it to account – holding schools to account for effective learning and care of all pupils
- How to monitor the financial performance of your school – overseeing the financial performance of the school
- Schools’ statutory duty for CEIAG – responsibilities in relation to careers education and information, advice and guidance (CEIAG)
- How to have impactful board meetings – planning, structure and conduct of governing board meetings
- Roles and responsibilities of chairs, vice chairs and chairs of committees – leading the team
- Role of the link governor – including visits to school/classes
- Role of the safeguarding governor – what it means and what you should do to ensure that the school remains a safe and secure place for everyone
- Role of the SEND governor – what it means, why it’s important and how you can be effective
- Role of parent governors
Annual governance conference – all governors are invited to attend the annual conference, covering a wide range of national and current issues.
Governor training: £1900
Governor advice, support and clerking with governor training (bundle package): £2,750
Additional in-school training and advice services can also be provided – please contact us to discuss your needs.
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
Once you have decided on the packages you require visit our purchasing page here.
“I have found the Governors’ Training provided by BDSIP and especially the trainer, Richard, really inspiring, motivating and informative. The training sessions have been planned so that they are not too long and are information packed and to the point. The trainer has been able to draw on their own experiences of being a headteacher to make the training very live and relevant. I have even gone back to my own governing body to recommend the training and request everyone attend, even those governors that have been governors for many years.”
Sarfraz Akram, Parent Governor, Eastbury Community School
“New governors and new chairs are particularly well supported through a range of training, advice and guidance. Training opportunities enable all governors, experienced and less experienced, to develop their skills, keep abreast of new developments and network with other governors, which is really important in an ever-changing educational climate. It’s always good to share!”
Sue Matthews, Chair of Governors, Dorothy Barley Infant School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.