What we do
BDSIP provides outstanding professional support services to schools, including:
- School improvement services
- Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and inclusion services
- Careers, work experience and employability services
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) services
- Digital support services
- Governor services
What makes us unique?
- School-owned and school-led: we are owned by 55 local schools, who drive our organisation – from how we are run to the services we provide.
- Purpose before profit: we are a not-for-profit organisation where pupil outcomes, not profit, are our bottom line.
- Locally grounded: we know and understand our local community, our schools, our people, our history, our shared aspirations.
How we work
Because we’re school led and not-for-profit, we can deliver in whatever way will add most value – directly, in partnership with teaching schools and others, or by acting as a broker to bring trusted external organisations to our schools.
- We work in partnership with each school to agree their priorities, tailoring our services to meet each customer’s needs.
- All of our delivery staff have deep expertise in their chosen field, with many having worked as teachers, senior school leaders and inspectors.
- We draw on a broad pool of trusted associates, who complement and extend our in-house capacity.
- We build creative partnerships with trusted external organisations, bringing the best possible support and innovative services to our schools.
To find out more about us, please see our 2020-23 trusted partner strategy
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.