Developing governors’ skills, knowledge and understanding to improve your school’s overall effectiveness.
Our comprehensive online training programme, delivered by a nationally respected adviser on school improvement and governance, will focus on a wide range of themes, including:
- Understanding the purpose of governance – aimed at those new to school governance and governors who want to refresh their understanding.
- Preparing for your next Ofsted inspection.
- Understanding the role of governance in school improvement – ensure the governing board has effective strategic oversight of their school’s plans, actions and outcomes.
- How to monitor your school and hold leaders to account for effective learning and care of all pupils.
- How to effectively monitor the financial performance of your school.
Schools’ statutory responsibilities in relation to careers education and information, advice and guidance (CEIAG).
- How to have impactful board meetings – planning, structure and conduct of governing board meetings.
- Roles and responsibilities of chairs, vice chairs and chairs of committees – leading the team.
- Role of the link/lead governor – including visits to school/classes.
- Role of the safeguarding governor – what it means and what you should do to ensure that the school remains a safe and secure place for everyone.
- Role of the SEND governor – what it means, why it’s important, and how you can be effective.
- Role of parent governors.
Annual face-to-face governance conference – all governors are invited to attend the annual conference, covering a wide range of national and current issues.
Governor training: £900. Governor advice, support and clerking with governor training (bundle package): £2,750.
Additional in-school training and advice services can also be provided – please contact us to discuss your needs.
How we can help your school
The school improvement partner programme supports and challenges your school to continually develop its practice, building the highest standards of leadership and management expertise to deliver the very best outcomes for all.
SEND & Inclusion
Our SEND & inclusion team includes leading experts in autism, SEMH, behaviour management and language and communication. We have experts who have led inclusion in primary, secondary, and special school settings, as well as additional resource provision in mainstream schools.
Training & CPD
Our careers support program supports young people to make positive, informed and aspirational choices about their futures with high-quality, expert careers advice.
Related training & CPD
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Results day is the time of knowing your actual A level or BTEC results and if you have applied to university for an undergraduate course, you will know if you have satisfied the conditional offer based on your final exam results. The ... Read more