SEND and Inclusion Service
Building schools’ capacity to deliver outstanding provision and outcomes for SEND and inclusion.
SEND and Inclusion Service
An experienced inclusion adviser will work closely with your SENCo and Inclusion leads to create a bespoke package of support, which draws on the extensive expertise of the BDSIP inclusion team. This includes specialists in autism, language and communication, SEMH, cognition and learning, literacy and numeracy, and outstanding leadership in SEND and inclusion.
Focusing on your individual school priorities, our inclusion specialists will:
- Ensure your school has high-quality provision for SEND and inclusion, both with respect to High Quality First Teaching and bespoke packages of support.
- Model the teaching of programmes of learning for SEND.
- Facilitate the effective implementation of the SEND Code of Practice (2015) and ensure compliance with the Equalities Act (2010).
- Support school delivery of SEND Recovery Plans post Covid-19 related school closures.
- Support effective self-evaluation, action planning and policy development.
- Ensure SENCos and inclusion leads can make informed judgements with respect to whole school SEND and inclusion practice.
- Deliver high-quality CPD to support the development of outstanding inclusion practice in your school.
- Mentor and coach new SENCos and inclusion leads to become outstanding practitioners.
- Support your SENCo with the identification of SEND.
- Provide high-quality specialist support and advice for specific SEND categories of need.
- Support your school leaders to develop and implement a curriculum for SEND and vulnerable learners, which demonstrates clear intent and outstanding impact on progress.
- Provide advice and guidance to support you in meeting the needs of individual SEND and vulnerable learners.
- Review SEND and inclusion policies and practices with school leaders, to support preparation for Ofsted.
£2,700 – £4,800 depending on cohort size
Lee Boyce, Principal Adviser, Education and Inclusion
To discuss your requirements, contact: Lee Boyce, Principal Adviser, Education and Inclusion, on 07890 630 644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help your school
The school improvement partner programme supports and challenges your school to continually develop its practice, building the highest standards of leadership and management expertise to deliver the very best outcomes for all.
SEND & Inclusion
Our SEND & inclusion team includes leading experts in autism, SEMH, behaviour management and language and communication. We have experts who have led inclusion in primary, secondary, and special school settings, as well as additional resource provision in mainstream schools.
Training & CPD
Our careers support program supports young people to make positive, informed and aspirational choices about their futures with high-quality, expert careers advice.
Related training & CPD
Event date - September 20, 2022
Event time - 9:30 am
Why should I attend? You are a Teaching Assistant who has a passion for improving children’s literacy skills. The ... Read more
Use the De-escalation Strategies Checklist, adapted from McDonnell (2019), to help with the development of a support plan once the behavioural analysis has been completed Read more
Use the Understanding Stressors Checklist to develop a plan to manage escalating stress. The low-arousal approach uses a stress-based framework, adapted from McDonnell (2019), to understand students’ behaviour. Read more