Supporting your school to meet the emotional wellbeing needs of your learners and staff. The BDSIP counselling service provides a high quality, affordable service for mainstream schools and specialist settings, offering vulnerable learners person-centred counselling.
The service is delivered by qualified counsellors, who receive professional support and development through BDSIP. Support can be tailored to individual needs, and additional therapeutic approaches like CBT, art or play therapy can be offered, where they suit the needs of the student. The service has a proven track record of positively impacting students to better understand and communicate their emotions, resulting in improvements in their learning, mental health, wellbeing, social relationships and behaviour.
Counsellors are also able to provide services to families and staff to meet wider objectives in a whole school wellbeing plan, providing targeted support for teacher wellbeing.
Focusing on your school priorities, your counsellor will:
- Offer regular therapeutic counselling for vulnerable students who do not meet Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) thresholds.
- Provide a mandatory daily debrief, with an appropriate member of school staff, to monitor impact and ensure due diligence to safeguarding.
- Provide a half-termly evaluation report to track impact and progress for each student in receipt of counselling.
- Provide the opportunity for confidential counselling support for staff to improve overall wellbeing and mental health.
- Provide the opportunity for counselling support for families.
- Provide support for referrals to other agencies, when required.
- Provide input into students’ individual support plans with strategies that work to encourage emotional regulation.
£7,500 for one day per week with a qualified counsellor. Schools in Barking and Dagenham receive a subsidy of £1,000 per day, funded by
LBBD through DSG.
To discuss your requirements, contact: Paul Opoku, Wellbeing & Counselling Service Delivery Lead, on 07968 511 980 or email@example.com
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
“Our children have built a relationship with another adult that they feel they can trust and that can support them with their emotional wellbeing. It is a time in their week which is just about them, and they have told us how important these sessions are to them.
We have been able to work with children and offer them counselling where they have learned key life skills to help them with emotions and how to more effectively engage with their peers.”
Harriet Daley, Deputy Headteacher, Henry Green Primary School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.