Explore physical computing using the micro:bit device; finding out how it can be used to develop understanding of programming through creative projects. During this workshop, you’ll learn how to use the micro:bit as a data logger, using its in-built sensors to collect data. The workshop will focus on the Teach Computing Year 4 Data Logging unit.
- Pay as you go - £65.00
- Schools subscribed to our CPD and/or IT Services - No charge
Why should I attend?
- To gain hands-on experience and confidence using the micro:bit
- To explore pedagogy and lesson activities that make effective use of micro:bits in the classroom
- To plan to implement the use of micro:bits as data loggers in school
What will the course cover?
- Exploration of basic functionality of the micro:bit including buttons, LED display and use of sensors to monitor the environment
- Using the micro:bit to collect data and how to view and analyse the data
- Connecting the micro:bit to online programming environment and downloading programs to the physical device • Using micro:bit classroom as a lesson management tool
- Using teaching resources (including Teach Computing Year 4 Data Logging unit) and other support materials for micro:bits
- This is a practical workshop, so please ensure you have a laptop with USB port and a micro:bit (any problems, please contact Gillian Bratley).
Additional micro:bit workshops
- Thursday 1st February, 3:45 – 5:00pm, Getting started with the micro:bit
- Thursday 7th March, 3:45 – 5:00pm, Going further with micro:bits
Who should attend?
- Subject Lead/Coordinator
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Gillian Bratley at email@example.com.
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk