Explore physical computing using the micro:bit device; finding out how it can be used to develop understanding of programming through creative projects. During this workshop, you’ll learn how to use sensors to monitor the environment and use sensors and inputs with selection and variables to create more complex programs. The workshop will focus physical computing in upper key stage 2.
- Pay as you go - £65.00
- Schools subscribed to our CPD and/or IT Services - No charge
Why should I attend?
- To gain hands-on experience and confidence using the micro:bit.
- To explore pedagogy and lesson activities that make effective use of micro:bits in the classroom.
- To plan to implement physical computing in the classroom making use of micro:bits in school.
What will the course cover?
- Exploration of basic functionality of the micro:bit including buttons, LED display and use of sensors and inputs
- Using selection and variables in physical computing programs
- Connecting the micro:bit to online programming environment and downloading programs to the physical device
- Using micro:bit classroom as a lesson management tool
- Using teaching resources (including Teach Computing Year 5 Programming A and Year 6 Programming B units for micro:bits) and other support materials for micro:bits
- This is a practical workshop, so please ensure you have a laptop with USB port and a micro:bit (any problems, please contact Gillian Bratley).
- This training will focus on using micro:bits with laptops / computers, but we will touch on using micro:bits with tablet devices.
Additional micro:bit workshops
- Thursday 1st February, 3:45 – 5:00pm, Getting started with micro:bits
- Tuesday 13th February, 3:45 – 5:00pm, Data logging with the micro:bit
- Subject Lead/Coordinator
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Gillian Bratley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk