Free for schools subscribed to our CPD package. As part of our Inclusion by Design CPD suite we have a series of training on how to maximise the functionality of technology in your classroom for learners with SEND. This three part series of training supports the UDL framework and will upskill you on utilising technology in your classrooms to enable access for SEND and EAL learners.
Live online events
- Pay as you go - £50
- Schools subscribed to our CPD package - £0.00
Why should I attend?
- If you would like to develop your skills and knowledge on how to use technology to support access for all in the classroom.
- If you would like to understand how to use technology to enable adaptive teaching practices when planning your lessons.
- If you would like to explore how technology can develop your retrieval practice activities and practice.
What will the course cover?
This course will compromise of three workshops:
1. Technology for Accessibility, SEND and EAL
This workshop will provide a hands-on, practical session demonstrating the accessibility tools and features available across the Google Workspace tools and on Chromebooks, that allow you to support all students in your classroom including those with SEND and EAL. You will leave with a whole toolkit of options to facilitate more accessible learning in your classroom.
2. Technology to enhance adaptive teaching
This session will show how you can use Google Workspace and Chromebooks to further develop and enhance adaptive teaching and learning in your classroom. Using the lesser known features of Google Forms, Slides, Classroom and Docs, we will show you how to allow your students choice, flexibility and broader and deeper challenge when planning and delivering your curriculum.
3. Retrieval Practice
Using the latest research from Google for Education and other leading educational bodies (e.g. Education Endowment Foundation) and writers (such as Dr Fiona Aubrey-Smith, Daisy Christodoulou, John Hattie) we will share evidence-based strategies for what is most impactful in the classroom, and demonstrate how technology can enhance retrieval practice. Using tools such as Google Forms, Sheets, Classroom, Docs, Calendar and Keep, you can facilitate low-effort, high impact retrieval for your students.
Who should attend?
- ARP Lead
- Senior Leader
- Middle Leader
- Head of Department
- Deputy Head
- Subject Lead/Coordinator
- Teaching/Learning Support Assistant
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Hannah Hamid at Hannah.email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk