Children’s maths confidence at the start of school determines their later maths learning – so early years practitioners can really make a difference to children’s life chances.
This one-day training course delivered by Dr Sue Gifford will support practitioners to help children to love maths by developing current practice, interacting sensitively and playfully through routines, games, blockplay, rhymes and picture books, indoors and outdoors. Research shows that using maths talk and vocabulary is important from the very early years. In this training, Sue, will draw on learning trajectories such as Birth to Five Matters and the ECMG Spatial Reasoning Toolkit to help to identify key understanding and language - and to plan enjoyable maths learning experiences for children and practitioners.
Why should I attend?
- This course will help you to understand, teach and assess accurately children’s development and learning in early mathematics. It will also help you to plan and consider vocabulary and manipulatives children need to have in order to become 'lovers of maths'
What will the course cover?
- A range of practical activities to support children’s mathematical learning
- Introduce the Spatial Reasoning Toolkit to explore ideas for mathematical learning in EYFS
- Consider the progression of Spatial Thinking in young children.
Who should attend?
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Pay as You Go – £100
Schools in LBBD - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk