‘The Inclusive School’ – every learner matters equally. Understanding what we mean by inclusion and the governor’s role in ensuring all learners thrive.
Why should I attend?
- To deepen understanding of what we mean by inclusion and the governor’s role in supporting the vision for an inclusive school.
- To see examples of best practice from across the borough.
- To network with other governors.
What will the course cover?
- Inclusion through the lens of Race and Social Justice – best practice examples from the borough’s schools.
- Inclusion through the lens of the PSHE curriculum - best practice examples from the borough’s schools.
- OFSTED – what questions governors should be asking about inclusion to be confident when talking to inspectors. We will also look at supporting staff well-being.
Who should attend?
09:00 – 09:30 am Registration, tea and coffee.
Keynote: “The Inclusive School” – exploring what we mean by inclusion and the inclusive school to develop a shared understanding so that all leaners thrive. Hannah Hamid, BDSIP.
10:45 am Workshops
45 minutes each, choose two (there will be a 10 minute break between groups)
- Race and Social Justice – showcasing best practice from our schools that have ensured all learners experiences are recognised and celebrated.
- PSHE and Inclusion – how your PSHE curriculum can support all children to feel included in your school through developing an awareness and understanding of different learners needs. Becky Casey, LBBD
- OFSTED Questions – preparing governors for questions around inclusion, the curriculum and staff well-being. Richard Hunter, SIP Associate and Chair of Governors.
The workshops will be led by practitioners from schools in Barking and Dagenham alongside experts in the field.
12:20 pm approx. Panel – questions and answers.
1.00 pm Close
Schools based in LBBD - No charge
School based outside of LBBD - £80.00
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Kate Gooding at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk