More and more students with complex needs are attending mainstream settings. Spend time with an experienced speech and language therapist with a view to supporting your staff in effecting communication change for students and staff alike. She will guide you through supporting your team to identify need, implement universal strategies (including use of adult language), and measure impact across your settings.
Why should I attend?
- Developing your expertise and ability to empower and train staff on speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- You will be supported through a whole school approach for universal SLCN strategies; from development to implementation
- You will be equipped with the tools required to train others within your school
What will the course cover?
- Session 1: Introducing train the trainer: This session will equip you as SENDCos with the tools to empower you and your staff to identify speech, language and communication needs in your classrooms, embed strategies and set action points to support follow up.
- Session 2: Sharing best practice and planning. In this session we will review action points set in session 1 and plan the next steps for the new school year, for implementation from September. We will review any resources / materials you may need to do this.
- Session 3: Language use and impact. In this session we will recap plans we made in the summer term. We will then consider the impact the language we use; how we describe the children we work with, how we talk about our own feelings in relation to the challenges we face. We will consider how to use a common, positive and solution focused language and plan how to embed this across the school.
- Session 4: Celebrate and feed forward. This session will enable you to review the actions you have implemented and support you with measuring the impact. We will then explore how to develop further steps meaningfully.
Who should attend?
- ARP Lead
- Senior Leader
- Middle Leader
- Teaching/Learning Support Assistant
Pay as You Go – £50.00
Closed captions and live transcripts are available throughout this session. For more information on how to enable this, please click here.
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Hannah Hamid at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk