This course will be in 2-parts and will also include a gap task. The course aims to support practitioner’s understanding of language and communication development. It will also focus on the importance of quality adult interactions to support children’s learning. The course will provide an opportunity to explore the communication and language ELGs in order to make accurate assessments.
Why should I attend?
- To gain a better understanding of the stages of language development in young children.
- Increase knowledge on different strategies used to support children’s language development.
- Gain a better understanding of language development to assess children’s learning and ‘next steps’ accurately.
What will the course cover?
- The stages of language development in young children.
- Activities to use to support language development.
- Interaction skills adults need to use to support children’s communication and language development effectively.
- Communication and language ELGs in the Revised EYFS 2021.
Who should attend?
- Middle Leader
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
Pay as You Go - £80.00
LBBD Schools - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Susan Hodgson firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk