The Education Endowment Fund, in their Report: Impact on school closures on the attainment gap - advised that metacognition and self-regulation approaches were essential to address the potential harm due to missed schooling. Indeed, these approaches have consistent high levels of impact, with pupils making an average of seven months’ additional progress.
What will the course cover?
- Research and an understanding of what metacognition and self-regulation is and who it is applicable for
- What a self-regulated learner looks like
- A range of strategies and practical approaches to help develop children’s metacognitive knowledge, including how to plan, monitor and evaluate their learning
- How to promote and develop metacognitive talk in the classroom
Who should attend?
- Senior Leader
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Pay as You Go - £80.00
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Peter Warwick at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk