This session will explore the role of governors sitting on complaints panels. We will clarify the latest guidance and regulations from the Department for Education and explain the role of governors and clerks in ensuring that complaints are considered in a fair and reasonable manner. We will pay particular attention to how panel hearings are structured and conducted.
Why should I attend?
- To understand the DfE expectations of good practice in handling complaints
- To be aware of the role that governance plays hearing complaints
- To explore the function and process of complaint panels
What will the course cover?
- Current DfE guidance
- The role of the clerk and governors in complaints panels
- How schools should seek to resolve concerns before they become complaints.
Who should attend?
Governor Services Package - no charge
Pay as you go - £50
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Steve Barker at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk