Delivered by qualified, expert trainers, with current experience in Education, this course will equip individuals with an understanding of the values and philosophy of the Team Teach approach.
We are motivated by the need to support the individual with the aim of keeping those who have become distressed safe, as well as ensuring the safety of those around them.
We believe that all behaviour is communication being driven by experiences and emotions. We deliver a toolkit approach that is 95% understanding behaviours and encouraging de-escalation. The 5% assesses the need for physical intervention in conjunction with a need’s analysis.
Schools who are interested in running Team Teach in their individual settings should contact Jason O’Byrne: firstname.lastname@example.org. Costs are listed below.
Why should I attend?
Team Teach is an accredited, award-winning provider of training in positive behavioural management strategies. The Team Teach approach and philosophy has been developed by practitioners with over 20 years’ experience in delivering respectful, accessible and practical behaviour management solutions. We are the only company of our kind to have received a National Training Award, the highest level of award in the UK. Focused on teamwork and communication, our courses foster more supportive working practices, helping people recognise the needs of the children and adults they work with, offer help where necessary, and be able to make use of support when offered.
What will the course cover?
Participants will learn how to;
- Increase understanding and awareness of behaviour as communication and develop a framework to better respond to reduce risk
- Develop a greater team dynamic in supporting individuals who are distressed with approaches that have impact and strengthen relationships
- Utilise a toolkit of holistic strategies on de-escalation and crisis intervention, both verbal and non-verbal for supporting with disruptive and distressed behaviours
- Execute simple and safe positive handling techniques including personal safety, appropriate for a low-risk environment (If required by your setting). Our techniques are situated within a respectful, supportive approach to behaviour support strategies which maintains positive relationships.
- The course will also cover documentation and legal guidance, as well as best practice when reporting and reviewing incidents.
*Certification for this course is valid for 36 months*
Who should attend?
This course is open to mainstream primary or secondary colleagues who require specific training in positive behaviour management and positive handling strategies.
£150 per delegate.
This course is not included in the BDSIP CPD package.
Schools who are interested in running Team Teach in their individual settings should contact Jason O’Byrne: email@example.com
Cost per school for a 24-place course is £2,400
Cost per school for a 12-place course is £1,200
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Jason O’Byrne
For general booking or CPD enquiries, please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk