Why should I attend?
You are a Teaching Assistant who has a passion for improving children’s literacy skills.
The course will help you:
- develop your understanding of children’s learning and literacy acquisition.
- learn skills to assess and overcome children’s literacy learning barriers.
- become reflective of teaching decisions and their impact on children’s learning in reading and writing.
- learn how to develop and use a gradient of challenge in text reading to support progress in reading.
- understand how to engage parents in supporting literacy at home.
You will be provided with:
- Three half-days of support to understand the assessment processes needed for the intervention.
- Twenty half-days of professional development to support your delivery of the intervention.
- Six scheduled support visits to your school. These provide intensive, individual support and help the school management team to develop an effective and efficient implementation.
- Additional remote support available as needed.
What will the course cover?
The Early Literacy Skills programme will prepare attendees to:
- carry out detailed diagnostic assessments and observations of literacy learning;
- take and analyse running records;
- understand children’s learning and early literacy acquisition
- assess and overcome children’s literacy barriers
- become reflective of teaching decisions and their impact on children’s learning in reading and writing
- learn how to develop and use a gradient of challenge in text reading to support progress in reading
- achieve accelerated progress in writing
- be an expert for the school for diagnostic assessment of literacy
- work with parents to understand and support their child’s development.
Who should attend?
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
Cost: £900 for first delegate, and £75 for each additional delegate
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Louise Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk