Providing students with critical employability skills and relevant career experience through a uniquely tailored, high-quality work experience package.
With over 20 years in Barking and Dagenham, we draw on our expertise and unrivalled network of local, regional and national employers – ranging from small organisations to FTSE companies – to match each student with an impactful work experience placement. Our targeted work experience placements enhance students’ understanding of jobs and careers, help to build the knowledge and skills demanded by the contemporary labour market, enrich their educational experience, and facilitate successful school-to-work transitions. We have a proven track record of consistently placing over 90% of school cohorts in one of their work experience placements of choice.
94% of students said that they enjoyed their work experience
96% said they benefitted from their work experience
Through our work experience programmes, we will:
- Provide one to two-week placements for years 10, 12 and 13, and extended work experience programmes (one day per week) for years 12 and 13, matched to meet the individual needs of each student
- Provide end-to-end organisation from online student applications, bespoke matching of students’ preferences to placements, organisation of work experience placements, a logbook to record learning, evaluation of placement experience, and work experience certificates
- Offer you the reassurance that all placements are suitable/appropriate for your students by carrying out thorough pre-placement employer visits
- Prioritise provision for Looked After Children and SEND students
- Support you through the delivery of employer engagement activities, including network meetings for school staff to improve knowledge and share good practice.
In 2021 we are delighted to be introducing new software to support the work experience process. This allows pupils to complete applications electronically and gives the school a real-time overview of the work placement application and matching process, thus reducing the school time and resources required to arrange work experience, whilst also allowing the school to see detailed placement information for individual pupils.
The new online applications system links to a careers package and schools purchasing work experience will be able to access this package free of charge. This enables a comprehensive digital passport to be set up for all students (year 7 to 13) and schools can use this to plan, track, evidence and evaluate students’ activities and the school’s progress in achieving Gatsby Benchmarks.
“I really enjoyed my work experience and would love to do this in the future. I gained vital employability skills such as communication, team leading and perseverance. It has given me a better understanding of my strengths and weaknesses and I feel more confident in handling new situations.”
Year 10 student, Eastbury Community School
“The feedback on Trident work experience has indeed been excellent and thanks once again to all your colleagues for their help and support in making this such a success. The evaluations are a real pleasure to read.”
John Hamill, Careers Lead, Robert Clack School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.