Work Experience (Trident)
Providing students with critical employability skills and relevant career experience through a uniquely tailored, high-quality work experience package.
With over 20 years in Barking and Dagenham, we draw on our expertise and unrivalled network of local, regional and national employers – ranging from small organisations to FTSE companies – to match each student with an impactful work experience placement. Our targeted work experience placements enhance students’ understanding of jobs and careers, help to build the knowledge and skills demanded by the contemporary labour market, enrich their educational experience, and facilitate successful school-to-work transitions.
Through our work experience programmes, we will:
- Provide one to two-week placements for Years 10, 12 and 13, and extended work experience programmes (one day per week) for Years 12 and 13, matched to meet the individual needs of each student
- Prioritise provision for Looked After Children (LAC) and SEND students
- Be on hand to provide ongoing comprehensive support from fully trained and qualified staff
- Offer you the reassurance that all placements are suitable/appropriate for your students by carrying out thorough pre-placement employer visits
- Provide end-to-end organisation from student applications, bespoke matching of students’ preferences to placements, organisation of work experience placements, a logbook to record learning, evaluation of placement experience, and work experience certificates
- Support you through the delivery of employer engagement activities, including network meetings for school staff to improve knowledge and share good practice.
The impact of work experience
We have a proven track record of consistently placing over 90% of school cohorts, and over 75% of students, in one of their work experience placements of choice.
94% of students said that they enjoyed their work experience
96% said they benefitted from their work experience
As well as contributing to benchmark 5 of the Gatsby Career Benchmarks, work experience and work-related learning (WRL) can have a significant impact on learner outcomes.
Young people who have taken part in four or more work-related activities, including work experience, are five times less likely to become NEET (not in education, employment or training) than those who have taken part in none. 80% of employers say they would rather recruit young people with relevant experience and lower grades, over young people with better grades and no relevant experience.
“I really enjoyed my work experience and would love to do this in the future. I gained vital employability skills such as communication, team leading and perseverance. It has given me a better understanding of my strengths and weaknesses and I feel more confident in handling new situations.”
Year 10 student, Eastbury Community School
“The feedback on Trident work experience has indeed been excellent and thanks once again to all your colleagues for their help and support in making this such a success. The evaluations are a real pleasure to read.”
John Hamill, Careers Lead, Robert Clack School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.