NEWLY QUALIFIED TEACHER (NQT) APPROPRIATE BODY AND CPD
Enabling your Newly Qualified Teachers to make the best start to their careers with our highly regarded NQT induction service for primary and secondary schools.
We offer a full service as an Appropriate Body and a tailored CPD programme that ensures all your NQTs are supported from the very beginning of their induction, through to final assessment and certification from the Teaching Regulation Authority (TRA).
The DfE is currently reviewing the NQT accreditation process nationally, with a revised system expected from September 2021. We will review our offer when new arrangements are published and will notify schools of any changes in content or pricing before these take effect.
As an Appropriate Body, our professional service will include:
- Administrative services for registration, monitoring and assessments, including returns to the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- NQT Manager: an online system for headteachers, induction coordinators, tutors and NQTs
- An NQT induction handbook and toolkit for all NQTs and tutors detailing the most up to date guidance on the induction process
- Telephone, email, and face-to-face advice, support and guidance for headteachers, induction coordinators, tutors and NQTs
- Termly training for mentors from our highly experienced NQT Coordinator.
Our Primary and Secondary NQT CPD programmes are delivered in partnership with Local Teaching Schools. Combining professional guidance with local expertise, we ensure that NQTs have access to a comprehensive programme of training and support through that all-important first year of teaching:
- Combination of taught sessions with a strong groupwork component
- Training tailored to reflect the current national and local context as well as NQT priorities throughout the course of the year.
Example curriculum includes:
- Organisation and climate – developing clear teaching objectives and success criteria
- Behaviour management – the positive approach
- Inclusion – personalised teaching and learning
- Reading for deeper understanding
- EAL – supporting pupils in their learning and language development
- Maths – all the tricky bits
- Science investigations.
Full service (Appropriate Body and CPD): £750 per NQT
Appropriate Body standalone: £250 per NQT
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
Once you have decided on the packages you require visit our purchasing page here.
“I have gained a great amount of knowledge from all sessions, with resources and ideas that I can take back and use in my class. All facilitators were passionate and knowledgeable, and I’ve found the support I’ve received from dedicated staff throughout the year hugely beneficial.”
Newly qualified teacher, 2018–19 NQT Programme
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.