Governor Support and Clerking
Professional clerking, effective administration and strategic advice.
Effective governance is essential in providing schools with strategic direction and leadership. It also holds school leaders to account for educational and financial performance in order to achieve the best outcomes for all children and young people.
BDSIP offers a package which supports effective governance comprising two key areas:
Access to expert advice and guidance on governance issues from our highly skilled Governor Services team:
- Support and advice provided when you need it via phone or email – for matters of statutory governance in all types of schools (community, academy, diocesan) – by our highly experienced Governor Services Manager
- Access to best practice exemplars, including policies on governance, finance matters, school improvement and inclusion, and other education services.
Qualified, experienced clerks:
- Allocation of a skilled and trained clerk who will prepare agendas for governing board meetings, coordinate briefing reports, support and minute the full board meetings, monitor the board membership, governors’ skill sets and attendance, provide advice on statutory matters and maintain governing board data
- Assurance that your governing body is fulfilling all statutory duties and complying with regulations
- Planning and management of information to be provided through briefings, newsletters, websites or telephone support as appropriate.
- Information for meetings sent to governors at least seven days in advance.
Our service also has a strong track record in supporting schools and governing boards which need to improve in order to become ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’.
Governor advice and support: £750
Governor advice, support and clerking (up to four meetings): £1,950
Governor advice, support and clerking with governor training (bundle package): £2,750
We can provide a range of additional clerking support and advice, bespoke to the needs of your school. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
Once you have decided on the packages you require visit our purchasing page here.
“At Henry Green Primary we have been very pleased with our Governor Services clerking. Our very experienced Clerk brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience, as well as a great understanding of local shools and the heritage of the area. She helps keep us ‘on the straight and narrow’ in the realms of Governance in a most supportive way.”
Jackie Withnall, Chair of Governors, Henry Green Primary School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.