Governor Support and Clerking
Professional clerking, effective administration and strategic advice.
Effective governance is essential in providing schools with strategic direction and leadership. It also holds school leaders to account for educational and financial performance in order to achieve the best outcomes for all children and young people.
BDSIP offers a package which supports effective governance comprising two key areas:
Access to expert advice and guidance on governance issues from our highly skilled Governor Services team:
- Support and advice provided when you need it via phone or email – for matters of statutory governance in all types of schools (community, academy, diocesan) – by our highly experienced Governor Services Manager
- Access to best practice exemplars, including policies on governance, finance matters, school improvement and inclusion, and other education services
- Access to the termly directors’ meetings for Chairs and Headteachers.
Qualified, experienced clerks:
- Access to a skilled and trained clerk who will prepare agendas for governing board meetings, coordinate briefing reports, support and minute the full board meetings, monitor the board membership, governors’ skill sets and attendance, provide advice on statutory matters and maintain governing board data
- Information for meetings sent to governors at least seven days in advance
- Assurance that your governing body is fulfilling all statutory duties and complying with regulations
- Planning and management information to be provided through briefings, newsletters, websites or telephone support as appropriate.
Our service also has a strong track record in supporting schools and governing boards which need to improve in order to become good or outstanding.
Governor advice and support: £750
Governor advice, support and clerking (up to four meetings): £1,950
We can provide a range of additional clerking support and advice, bespoke to the needs of your school. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
Once you have decided on the packages you require visit our purchasing page here.
“The service provides knowledgeable and reliable advice based on many years’ experience in school governance. Always accessible, queries are answered quickly and efficiently with appropriate sign posting for further information if required. It’s reassuring that help is only a phone call or email away and that you will get a quick response!
Expert clerking has enabled us to run more effective and efficient meetings. Professional minutes provide good evidence of our governing body holding school leadership to account, fulfilling statutory duties and meeting requirements of external bodies, e.g. School Quality Mark Assessors, School Auditors.”
Sue Matthews, Chair of Governors, Dorothy Barley Infant School
“The service I have received has been really good, especially the clerking services, whereby my clerk has a fantastic knowledge of her area and is a pure asset to me as Chair of Governors, money well spent.”
Lee Watson, Chair of Governors, Thomas Arnold Primary School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.