General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
A comprehensive GDPR service providing practical hands-on support with all data protection issues.
We provide you with an independent, professionally qualified Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO will work with you to make sure your school is GDPR compliant and can provide support in the following areas:
- Policy framework – ensuring all necessary policies are in place, up-to-date and fully implemented
- Query management and access to professional advice when issues occur – face-to-face as well as telephone and email support, providing a single point of contact for staff, parent and pupil queries/complaints, and for any notifications received from the Information Commissioner’s Office
- GDPR training and regular briefings on emerging practice and case-law
- Annual monitoring review to ensure compliance, with any areas of concern – and therefore the focus of each review – discussed and agreed with the school in advance
- Regular performance reporting on data protection performance issues, including the number of subject access requests and response times, the number of data breaches (if any), and the number and type of enquiries received.
“The support we have received has been excellent. There has been a lot of confusion and worry around the GDPR and the team has provided clear and straightforward information and advice which has been very effective in allaying our issues and ensuring we have a structured pathway to compliance with the new laws. The staff training has also been excellent; presented in a clear, concise, easy to digest way. This has provided clarity to staff as there has been a lot of misinformation around GDPR, particularly in the press. Overall, we are very happy with the service and would highly recommend the support to other schools.”
Paul Leake, Head of Operations, Barking Abbey School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.