EARLY CAREER TEACHER (ECT) APPROPRIATE BODY SERVICE
Appropriate Body Service
We offer a full service as an appropriate body and a tailored CPD programme that ensures all your ECTs are supported from the very beginning of their induction, through to final assessment and certification from the Teaching Regulation Authority (TRA).
As appropriate body, our professional service includes:
- Administrative services for registration, monitoring and assessments, including returns to the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
- ECT Manager: an online system for headteachers, induction leaders/tutors and ECTs.
- An ECT induction handbook for all ECTs and induction leaders/tutors detailing the most up to date guidance on the induction process.
- Telephone, email, and face-to-face advice, support and guidance for headteachers, induction leaders/ tutors and ECTs.
- Termly training for induction leaders and tutors from our highly experienced ECT leader.
Tailored CPD for Early Career Teachers
Our popular ECT CPD programme has been adapted in response to the implementation of the Early Career Framework. From September 2021, ECTs have a two-year training entitlement based on the latest educational research. The Early Career Framework guides this training. To complement and enhance this learning, we offer six CPD sessions per year which enable ECTs to:
- Network with other ECTs and share challenges/best practice.
- Consolidate their learning through the ECF with face-to-face taught sessions with inclusion as ‘the golden thread’.
- Develop practical knowledge and deepen their understanding of the ‘how to’ strands of the ECF.
- Developing relationships and managing behaviour.
- Planning, organisation and well being.
- Equalities in the classroom.
- Rosenshine’s principles in action.
- Assessment of core subjects.
Appropriate body (total price for both years):
£375. Networks incorporating CPD (per year): £400.
Additional support and fidelity checks (per day): £500.
To discuss your requirements, contact:
Kate Gooding, Senior School Improvement Adviser – “Since September I have Primary, on 07976 2398 85 or email@example.com
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
“Since September I have been lucky enough to work with Kate and her team. Where issues have arisen, they have been very responsive and quick in supporting me in my new role. I have been made to feel comfortable in asking for advice and know that whatever the request or question, nothing is too much to help with.”
Kellie O’Sullivan, ECT induction tutor, William Bellamy Primary School
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.