Aimhigher: Higher Education and Employment
Encouraging and enabling more young people from Barking and Dagenham to access Higher Education.
The forward-looking Aimhigher Programme helps to open doors and raise aspirations, supporting students to find the right pathway.
Key events include:
- Professions Mornings for Years 8 and 9 expose younger students to the breadth of employment and study opportunities available across sectors including healthcare, STEM, creative and cultural industries, and higher and degree apprenticeships.
- Pathways sessions give Year 12 students practical information on university applications, courses and study models, and related career progression pathways. Covering a broad range of professions aligned with the demands of the current and future labour markets, including Pathways to: engineering, digital and robotics, law, medicine, media and marketing, nursing and midwifery, teaching, psychology, pathways to Oxbridge and pathways to higher and degree apprenticeships.
- Pathways to Media and Marketing NEW for 2020
- Pathways to Digital and Robotics NEW for 2020
- Aimhigher Coordinators meetings bring school staff and university outreach teams face-to-face to network, collaborate and share ideas, developments and best practice.
BDSIP will provide at least six full days to work in partnership with your school on your school improvement priorities.
Continue to browse through our entire service offer here.
Once you have decided on the packages you require visit our purchasing page here.
“Aimhigher has provided Jo Richardson Community School with a variety of high-quality support ranging from sessions for Year 13s aiming for Oxbridge to Year 9 one-to-one Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) meetings. Pathways and Professions workshops for students have inspired and informed many students as they explore their aspirations. Our assigned Careers Adviser goes the extra mile in supporting individual students in their research.”
Mrs M Wren, Director of Sixth Form, The Jo Richardson Community School
“This has really opened my eyes to the range of possibilities I have at my age and how to keep my options open as wide as possible.”
Year 9 student, STEM Professions morning
Once you have decided on the Service Offers you require please visit our Service Offer Purchasing page and use the form provided to let us know.
Once we have received your request a member of our team will be in touch with a full price and/or to answer any queries.
Contact us for more information
©2018 Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership.