This course will explore key interventions to support Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) learners with expert facilitators.
Why should I attend?
- To understand the underlying difficulties faced by children and young people with ASC
- To be able to differentiate between feelings and needs vs. demands and wants
- To learn how to respond to the complex social and emotional needs of ASC learners
What will it cover?
- Barriers faced by children and young people with social communication disorders and Autism
- SCERTS emotional regulation strands
- Introduction to emotional regulation tools and strategies such as zones of regulation, 5P approach and Nonviolent Communication (NVC) model for exploring feelings and needs
Who should go?
- ARP Leads
- Teaching Assistants
- Learning Support Assistants
This is a full day course.
- CPD Package subscribers: There will be no charge for this course for schools that have purchased the CPD Package.
- BDSIP Members – pay as you go: For schools that have not bought the CPD Package, there will be a charge of £200 per delegate for BDSIP members.
- Non-members – pay as you go: There will be a charge of £250 per delegate for schools that do not currently have BDSIP membership.
Lunch will be provided.
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Rebecca Mawson, at: email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes of signing up, please check your junk mail folder just in case the confirmation email is delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and click ‘not junk’, which will allow future messages to get through including any relevant pre-course information or changes**