For primary and secondary schools, this course will help you to develop a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing.
This is a full day course.
Why should I attend?
- To explore the concepts of emotional wellbeing and mental health, and have a clearer understanding of what contributes to these
- To learn about the eight principles of a whole school approach to emotional wellbeing and mental health
- To reflect upon how children with emotional/mental health difficulties are identified
- to consider protective factors and building resilience for good mental health
- To be aware of classroom resources for promoting emotional wellbeing and mental health
- To raise awareness of the importance of staff wellbeing
- To review current practice and how this could be improved to enhance wellbeing
Who should go?
- Senior Managers
- Heads of Department
- Subject Leads/Coordinators
There will be no charge for any schools attending this training for schools who are engaged with the local Heathy Schools programme.
Schools who are not engaged may incur a charge.
5th December 2019: Council Chamber, Barking Town Hall, Town Hall Square, 1 Clockhouse Ave, Barking IG11 7LU.
24th March 2020: The Vibe, 195-211 Becontree Avenue, RM8 2UT
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than five working days before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Liz Lawrence, at: email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Upon registration you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes of signing up, please check your junk mail folder just in case the confirmation email is delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and click ‘not junk’, which will allow future messages to get through including any relevant pre-course information or changes**