These three sessions will support NEW and NEARLY NEW (and even existing) maths subject leaders in understanding and developing their role to implement, monitor and improve the teaching and learning of mathematics within their school.
- Session 1 - 29th January, 9.30am - 12pm
- Session 2 - 29th January, 1.30pm - 4pm
- Session 3 - 15th April, 1.30pm - 4pm
Why should I attend?
New and nearly new maths subject leaders or those within the role who have not previously had any training and guidance as to how to truly develop and thrive on their role and be a true leader.
What will this course cover?
Aims of the course:
- To explore & reflect upon research-based pedagogical approaches to the teaching & Learning of mathematics
- To have a deep understanding of the maths curriculum from early years to KS2/3
- To support your role in helping teachers plan maths so that children know more & remember more.
- To consider what and how to monitor maths in your school.
- To know how to audit maths, identify strengths and areas to develop.
- To begin to write SMART action plans and consider how they can be fulfilled.
- To help prepare for OFSTED visits.
Who should attend?
- Middle Leader
- Head of Department
- Subject Lead/Coordinator
Pay as you go: £195 for complete three sessions
Schools with CPD package: No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Kate Gooding at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk