This short course aims to support participants to develop their understanding of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) and trauma and how to work with children and young people who may have experienced these.
Why should I attend?
- To develop my understanding of ACEs and trauma and the impact that these can have on children and young people
- To develop my understanding of working with children and young people who may have experienced ACEs and/or trauma
What will it cover?
Through facilitated discussion, delegates will:
- understand what ACEs are and consider trauma in the context of Covid-19.
- explore strategies to ensure they are ready and able to support children and young people who have experienced trauma.
- explore strategies for planning support for children and young people who have experienced trauma.
- consider how these might be applied in a whole-school context.
Who should go?
- ARP Leads
- Senior Leaders
- Inclusion Leads
- Middle Leaders
- Deputy Headteachers
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader:
Name: Paul Opoku
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact:
BDSIP Members – pay as you go £50
Non BDSIP members – pay as you go £62.50
CPD Package No charge
Schools outside of LBBD - £62.50
This course will take place online via Zoom. Log in details and password will be sent to you alongside your booking confirmation. Please check your junk email inbox if you do not receive this confirmation.