This short course aims to support participants to develop a framework to support children’s emotional wellbeing and mental health in your educational setting.
Why should I attend?
- To develop your understanding of the role of the Designated Mental Health Lead with respect to the Green Paper, ‘Transforming children and young people’s mental health provision’
- To develop a framework for supporting mental health and emotional wellbeing in your setting
What will it cover?
This course is the second session in a suite of training around emotional wellbeing and mental health:
- Mental Health Awareness: Identification and Referral – 13 November 2019
- A Framework for Supporting Children’s Mental Health – 11 December 2019
- A Framework for Understanding Children’s Behaviour – 22 January 2020
- Understanding Aces and Trauma – 5 February 2020
- Positive Behaviour Management – 4 March 2020
It is advisable but not compulsory to attend all the sessions.
Who should go?
- ARP Leads
- Senior Leaders
- Inclusion Leads
- Middle Leaders
- Deputy Headteachers
Upon registration our booking system will correctly display the cost of this course based on your school package status.
- CPD Package subscribers: There will be no charge for this course for schools that have purchased the CPD Package.
- Pay as you go BDSIP members: For schools that have not bought the CPD Package, there will be a charge of £80 per delegate for BDSIP members.
- Pay as you go non-members: There will be a charge of £100 per delegate for schools that do not currently have BDSIP membership.
If you are unsure whether you are a BDSIP Member school or whether you have bought into the CPD package, please contact your bursar or CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk
Aspire, Warren Junior School, Gordon Rd, Dagenham, Romford RM6 6DA
The course has a maximum capacity of 35. If it is full at the time of booking, please email CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk and if there are sufficient enquiries, we will schedule the course again.
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Paul Opoku, at: Paul.Opoku@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org