This course will explore diagnostic tools for children within mainstream education who are working below age-related expectations.
Why should I attend?
- To equip myself with a range of different diagnostic tools which will enable me to identify SEND learners in the classroom.
What will it cover?
- Special needs assessment profile – diagnostic tools
- Speaking and listening – identifying those with speech and language difficulties
- SCERTS – determining the communication stage
- Responding to the assessment
- Provision Mapping – how do we show progress?
- Mapping personal progress
- Pre key stage standards
- Individual profiles
Who should go?
- ARP Leads
- Teaching Assistants
- Learning Support Assistants
This is a full day course.
- CPD Package subscribers: There will be no charge for this course for schools that have purchased the CPD Package.
- BDSIP Members – pay as you go: For schools that have not bought the CPD Package, there will be a charge of £200 per delegate for BDSIP members.
- Non-members – pay as you go: There will be a charge of £250 per delegate for schools that do not currently have BDSIP membership.
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Rebecca Mawson, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: email@example.com