This course will equip you with strategies to engage parents/guardians of EAL primary pupils to support their child’s language learning and motivation through reading books effectively together.
In addition to the half day workshop, there will be a follow up session in schools.
Why should I attend?
- To enable parents to support their child’s/children’s literacy development
- To look at a range of activities to develop understanding and engagement of stories
- To develop the partnership between home and school
- To develop parents’ confidence in reading with their children
What will it cover?
- Developing strategies to engage parents in supporting their children to develop their language and motivation in reading books effectively with their children
- Planning an introductory workshop for parents and their children focussed around a book
- A follow up session in schools supporting EAL Coordinators to deliver a 3- to 6-week course one morning/afternoon a week for parents
Who should go?
- EAL Coordinators/Leads
This is a half day course.
- CPD Package subscribers: There will be no charge for this course for schools that have purchased the CPD Package.
- BDSIP Members – pay as you go: For schools that have not bought the CPD Package, there will be a charge of £120 per delegate for BDSIP members.
- Non-members – pay as you go: There will be a charge of £150 per delegate for schools that do not currently have BDSIP membership.
Alibon Children’s Centre Annexe, Sterry Road, Dagenham, RM10 8PT
Please arrive 15 minutes early for this course.
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the course may still be charged.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Shaheena Khan, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: email@example.com