This is a re-launch of the primary maths network as we finally return to meeting face to face. It is an opportunity to meet other leads from across the borough to share best practice and shape the agenda for networks through the year. This initial network will focus on completing a maths audit, updates from OFSTED and literacy in maths lessons.
Why should I attend?
- To develop further your professional role as the maths subject leader
- To network with other maths leads and share best practice
- To increase your subject knowledge and pedagogical skills and be able to disseminate to all stakeholders within your school.
- To ensure your school is providing the best, evidenced based, mathematics provision
- To constantly consider how children know more & remember more
- To help you be more confident in monitoring your subject and being prepared for Ofsted visits.
- To gain practical strategies and initiatives that can be implemented back in school
What these termly courses will cover this academic year
- Continued references & discussions on recent research articles, journals, and important notifications & guidance documents from the DFE *
- Updates on national and local initiatives, mathematical events and activities including online resources to support and engage students.
- Discussions and suggestions regarding Deep Dives into Maths
- Ensuring Literacy opportunities are exploited within maths curriculum/classroom
- An opportunity to reflect on action plans
- An opportunity to liaise with colleagues and carry out book looks/audits.
- Suggestion for reasoning and problems to trial back in school
- Exploration of the use of resources
OFSTED highlighted the key qualities of teaching a ‘high-quality’ mathematics curriculum.
Research Review Series: Mathematics Released 25/5/21
Who should attend?
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Cost: No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Kate Gooding at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk