Continuing Professional Development will enable your experienced reading recovery teacher to have a sustained impact on literacy in your school.
The course will deepen professional expertise, so that more of the hardest to teach children are successful in literacy. It will enable them to support lighter touch interventions for children with less complex needs.
Why should I attend?
- Deepen RR teachers’ theories of early literacy acquisition
- Refine and extend teachers’ skills
- Contribute to raising literacy attainment across the school through coaching mentoring and leading professional development
- Learn how to make more extensive use of data analysis for accountability, review and reporting.
- Learn how to undertake needs analysis and draw upon a range of approaches to meet the literacy needs of all learners
What will the course cover?
The course involves 6 high level professional development sessions, with live lesson observation and analysis of teaching and learning.
Guidance on how to support parents.
Access to a secure, user-friendly data system for monitoring and reporting.
Support visits to your reading recovery teacher in your school.
Support for developing whole school impact.
Who should attend?
- Senior Leader
- Middle Leader
- Head of Department
- Deputy Head
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Louise Harding at Louise.Harding@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk