This training aims to support schools in understanding the principles and processes which underpin the EYFS and YR1curriculum, and to develop clear and communication between all involved in the EYFS to YR1 transition. It will involve developing transition procedures and practice, and consider what an ‘effective’ transition policy should include to support children’s transition from the end of EYFS to YR1.
Why should I attend?
This course will help you:
- plan an effective transition programme from end of reception and starting KS1
- understand how EYFS principles can be used to ensure an effective transition into kS1
- promote continuity in learning by ensuring that year 1 teachers are aware of children’s achievements and can implement the next steps in their learning
- show how information from the EYFS profile can be used to support school transition.
What will the course cover?
- Exploring the principles that underpin the Early Years Foundation Stage
- How to manage the curriculum and pedagogy in YR1
- Writing a policy for transition
- Using observational assessment and analysis of the Foundation Stage Profile to plan children’s learning in YR1
- Sharing organisational and management strategies
- Reviewing the learning environment and resources
Who should attend?
- Senior Leader
- Middle Leader
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Out of borough schools - £80.00
LBBD schools - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Susan Hodgson email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk