This training will provide practitioners with an opportunity to: • reflect on the importance of exploration, investigation and enquiry • develop understanding of the process of enquiry • discuss strategies for finding out about how children engage with and make sense of their world, people, places, events, objects, materials • explore planning practical activities which support children learning and development in these areas.
Why should I attend?
- To develop your knowledge and understanding on how science is taught to young children
- To build up a bank of ideas on how best to deliver science in EYFS
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of the process of enquiry
- To understand the role of the adult
What will the course cover?
- Practical ideas for introducing science to young children
- Planning opportunities for exploration, investigation and enquiry
- Using a range of strategies for assessment and planning and tracking children’s progress in Understanding the world
Who should attend?
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
- Reception/nursery teacher
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- ECT (EYFS)
Out of borough schools – £80.00
LBBD schools - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Susan Hodgson at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk