From the 1st of September the NEW EYFS framework became statutory. These two practical sessions will support teachers to understand the changes that apply to maths and consider how to incorporate them creatively in their setting.
Why should I attend?
This course will help you become familiar with the new statutory EYFS framework for Maths; the revised Early Learning Goals; and the Development Matters document. You will have the opportunity to reflect upon the changes; understand the approaches; develop your pedagogy and explore what this all means and looks like in practice.
What will the course cover?
- the importance of shape, spatial awareness, and measure in mathematical development
- the crucial role that matching, sorting, and comparing activities play.
- To understand perceptual & conceptual subitizing and patterns and how they support number sense
- To consider the difficulties that some children may encounter and how these can be overcome
- To develop reasoning, problem solving and mathematical language.
- To play with a range of resources and participate in activities, considering how these can be applied to both indoor and outdoor environments.
- To have fun
Who should attend?
- Early Years Teachers
- SLT involved in monitoring the EYFS
- Subject Leaders wanting to understand about early mathematical development
- SENCOs wanting to understand about early mathematical development
- Year 1 teachers & teaching assistants interested in progression
Cost: £65 per session
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Peter Warwick at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk