This course will provide teachers with the opportunity to discuss their children’s work and moderate their judgements in line with the Assessment Framework for KS1 maths. Please bring 3 examples of children’s independent maths learning to share at a range of standards (e.g. their maths books for this year, test papers, other independent work). Part 1 (2pm) will focus on reasoning and greater depth standards. Part 2 (3:30pm), will be a moderation workshop. Please register for the relevant parts separately.
Why should I attend?
- To refresh Year 2 teachers on expectations for work collections and explore best practice in teaching.
- To develop the skill of assessing children’s work within a professional discussion framework to come to an agreed judgement
- Consider the range of evidence needed to make appropriate teacher assessment by the end of KS1.
- Discuss the expectations for the gathering of work to use as evidence to support judgments.
- Look at work with colleagues and make judgements based on our evidence so far.
- Share government documentation.
- Briefly share the structuring and format of a moderation session.
What will the course cover?
- Be introduced to any new moderation materials
- Examine children’s work including from other schools
- Take part in a polite professional discussion
- Share ideas for good practice
Who should attend?
- Middle Leader
Cost: no charge.
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk