This termly meeting will enable maths subject leaders to develop their professional role by exploring the latest research & initiatives and becoming familiar with local & national updates. It is also an opportunity for leaders to share and discuss good practice and seek advice regarding any difficulties they may be encountering.
Why should I attend?
- To develop further your professional role as the maths subject leader
- To increase your subject knowledge and pedagogical skills so as to be able to disseminate these back in school
- To ensure your school is providing the best, evidenced based, mathematics provision
- To constantly consider how children know more & remember more
- To help you be more confident in monitoring your subject and being prepared for Ofsted visits.
What will the course cover?
- Continued references & discussions on recent research articles, journals and important notifications & guidance documents from the DFE *
- Updates on national and local initiatives, mathematical events and activities including online resources to support and engage students.
- Suggestion for reasoning and problems to trial back in school
- Discussions and suggestions regarding Deep Dives into Maths
- An opportunity to reflect on action plans
- Exploration of the use of resources
OFSTED highlighted the key qualities of teaching a ‘high-quality’ mathematics curriculum.
Research Review Series: Mathematics Released 25/5/21
Who should attend?
- Deputy Head
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Cost: No charge. Network meetings are funded by LBBD.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Peter Warwick at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk