Do you have a whole school policy on the actual teaching of times tables? In fact, how much teaching is in actual fact rote learning and testing? What research and evidence have you considered in your approach to helping children to know more and remember more? Would you like further ideas to support children that struggle and also challenge and extend your more able pupils? This course will explore research and evidence-based approaches and support schools in reflecting and refining their practices.
Why should I attend?
- Consider research backed approached to improving teaching & learning of times-tables.
- Help children to know more & remember more.
- Devise a consistent whole school approach to the teaching and learning of times-tables.
- Receive free resources.
What will the course cover?
- Research & pedagogical approaches that can be applied directly into teaching & Learning.
- Practical examples of how to really teach times tables
- Practical games & activities to promote engagement and develop reasoning.
- The difference between recall and automaticity in times tables
- How the brain processes and stories information
- Intelligent Practice and Variation theory in times tables
Who should attend?
- Maths Subject Lead
- Teachers - especially year 4
- Senior Leader
- Middle Leader
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Maths Governor
- Assessment Leads
Pay as you go - £130
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Peter Warwick
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk