Explore the role that Grammar plays in children’s reading and writing. Explore the teaching and learning opportunities that develop grammar knowledge and skill both within discrete and contextualised learning. Understand the terminology around grammar.
Why should I attend?
- To develop pedagogical understanding of grammar.
- To consider the role that grammar plays in writing and reading.
- To explore the role of discrete and contextualised grammar in the writing process.
- To consider strategies to support the teaching of grammar.
What will the course cover?
Participants will explore:
- Terminology and application of grammar.
- Teaching and learning of contextualised grammar.
- Examine how grammar works with a text-based approach.
- Ideas for discrete and contextualised activities.
Who should attend?
Pay as You Go – £80
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix at Nicola.Wix@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk