BDSIP Science Technicians’ Network

Home > BDSIP Science Technicians’ Network

This will be the inaugural half-termly meeting of science technicians in Barking and Dagenham. We will be receiving a briefing on important issues for technicians for the remaining two terms of the academic year and consulting you on priorities that you would like featured in future meetings and regular Zoom calls.


Why should I attend?

  • As employees in schools we can solve 80% of the challenges that we face – for the remaining 20% we are reliant on each other for ideas and inspiration.
  • In this inaugural meeting we will receive practical advice on the issues facing all technicians in the remaining two terms of the academic year.
  • We will also consult you on priorities that you would like the group to address in similar half termly meetings, my school visits and in regular group Zoom calls.


What will the course cover?

  • A summary of the common issues faced by technicians based on my first round of visits in September and October.
  • A briefing on the challenges and opportunities for all technicians occurring in the Spring and Summer terms.
  • A consultation on the priority issues that participants would like to tackle in forthcoming meetings, visits and regular Zoom calls.


Who should attend?

  • Teaching Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Science technician


Cost: no charge. 


Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.


Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.


Contact information

For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Paul Hammond at


For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact

Featured training & CPD

Literacy Skills for Secondary
Literacy Skills for Secondary

Event date - September 20, 2022

Event time - 9:30 am

Why should I attend? You are a Teaching Assistant who has a passion for improving children’s literacy skills.   The ... Read more


Event date - October 18, 2022

Event time - 5:00 pm

What is NASENCo? This National Award for SEN is through a partnership between Barking and Dagenham and the University of East London ... Read more

How we can help your school


If you have any questions, or would like to discuss our services and how we can help you, please get in touch by completing the enquiry form below.
Alternatively, feel free to give us a call on 020 8227 2636.