This course will provide teachers with the opportunity to discuss their children’s work and moderate their judgements in line with the Assessment Framework for KS1 Writing and Reading. Please bring 2/3 examples of children’s independent writing to share. Please bring 2/3 examples of children’s independent reading work to share which could include: videos of children reading/miscue analysis/test papers/ teachers notes.
Why should I attend?
To refresh Year 2 teachers on expectations for work collections and explore best practice in teaching.
• To develop the skill of assessing children’s work within a professional discussion framework to come to an agreed judgement
• Consider the range of evidence needed to make appropriate teacher assessment by the end of KS1.
• Discuss the expectations for the gathering of work to use as evidence to support judgments.
•Look at work with colleagues and make judgements based on our evidence so far.
•Share government documentation
•Briefly share the structuring and format of a moderation session.
What will the course cover?
- Introduction to any new moderation materials
- Exploring the statements within a standard
- Examining children’s work
- Look at one another’s work from across the Borough
- Explore what makes a Working Towards/ Expected/ Greater Depth Piece of writing in Year 2
- Explore what makes a Working Towards/ Expected/ Greater Depth Piece of reading in Year 2
- Take part in a polite professional discussion
- Share ideas for good practice
Why should I attend?
- To refresh skills and knowledge around English Moderation
Who should attend?
- Senior Leader
Cost: no charge.
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix at Nicola.Wix@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk