Improve the teaching and learning of programming at KS1.
Why should I attend?
- To understand the KS1 expectations of the programming strand of the Computing curriculum
- To understand the progression of programming skills
- To explore and evaluate different software, apps and resources available
- To consider different teaching strategies, and share practice with colleagues
What will it cover?
- This course, for class teachers and subject leaders, is the first part of a series of three sessions focusing on the programming strand of the Computing curriculum.
- This session explores the KS1 objectives.
- We will unpick the objectives and terminology, and look at practical resources that can be used in the classroom.
Who is it for?
- Head of Departments
- Subject Lead/ Coordinators
This is a twilight course.
- CPD Package subscribers: There will be no charge for this course for schools that have purchased the CPD Package.
- Pay as you go BDSIP Members: For schools that have not bought the CPD Package, there will be a charge of £80 per delegate for BDSIP members.
- Pay as you go non-members: There will be a charge of £100 per delegate for schools that do not currently have BDSIP membership.
CLC, Adult College, 241–247 Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham, RM9 5DF
If you can’t attend, or if a colleague will be attending in your place, please inform us as soon as you can before the event.
Who to contact
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact the course leader, Gillian Bratley, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact: email@example.com