Develop your subject leadership. Prepare for your subject Deep Dive. Strengthen your curriculum design and subject development. Prepare and rehearse your leadership of your subject’s intent, implementation and impact. This course will provide subject leaders with tools and strategies to improve the impact and effectiveness of their subject leadership.
Helen Williams, Director of Educational Standards and Jason Hughes, Educational Consultant and former Lead Inspector will lead this series of half day sessions with focus on Deep Dives.
Facilitated by Helen Williams, Partnership Learning Trust and Jason Hughes, Educational Consultant.
Please bring the following documents:
- Subject Action Plans
- Curriculum Plans
- Progression Maps
- School Development Plan - if possible.
Why should I attend?
The course aims to develop;
- Subject leadership in line with schools’ priorities.
- Subject planning for knowledge and progression
- Explore and reflect upon curriculum design across a subject
- The confidence and ability of leaders to articulate the narrative around the leadership of their subject
- Support those new to subject leadership and challenge and extend experienced subject
What will the course cover?
- Guidance on subject structure and development
- Sharing of the structure and expectations of an Ofsted Inspection
- Opportunity to network and share ideas for good practice and experiences
- Questions which could be asked in a Deep Dive or Governors Presentation
- Sharing government documentation or any further research relevant and supportive
- Ofsted Framework and view of the subject
- Importance of school website in reflecting leadership of subject
- Assessment and pedagogy of a subject
Who should attend?
- Senior Leader
- Middle Leader
- Deputy Head
- Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Pay as You Go - £80
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Stephen Noon
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk