Primarily aimed at Early Career Teachers and those who recently qualified, this programme is designed specifically to support teachers to implement a range of practical strategies to secure high quality first teaching for all in every lesson.
In every session, Amjad will take evidence-based research from the page to the classroom through ready-to-use, modelled examples of low-effort, high-impact strategies that ensure engagement and progress for all learners.
Classteachers will also have an opportunity to:
- work on lesson planning
- ask the expert for support
- network with their peers.
Teachers need to bring along a lesson plan, sequence of lessons or scheme of work to the session.
Why should I attend?
You want to:
- understand how to plan assessment opportunities effectively.
- understand how to prepare students well to achieve success in assessment.
- understand how to use assessment, marking and feedback effectively to increase student engagement and develop independence over time.
- explore how to engage students in meaningful self and peer assessment
What will the course cover?
Delegates will consider:
- how to plan effective formative assessment opportunities to inform future planning.
- how to structure questioning and tasks to identify gaps and misconceptions.
- how to plan for student engagement with marking and feedback.
- tried and tested strategies to support students to engage in meaningful self-assessment.
- a range of alternatives to conventional marking methods.
- staff wellbeing ideas that have made positive impacts in schools around the world.
Who should attend?
CPD Package: Free
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Lee.Boyce@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk