Primarily aimed at Early Career Teachers and those who recently qualified, this programme is designed specifically to support teachers to implement a range of practical strategies to secure high quality first teaching for all in every lesson.
In every session, Amjad will take evidence-based research from the page to the classroom through ready-to-use, modelled examples of low-effort, high-impact strategies that ensure engagement and progress for all learners.
Classteachers will also have an opportunity to:
- work on lesson planning
- ask the expert for support
- network with their peers.
Teachers need to bring along a lesson plan, sequence of lessons or scheme of work to the session.
You want to:
- understand how to ensure students master foundational concepts and skills to build confidence and mastery in a subject.
- understand the reading, writing and language basics that can be built into lesson planning to ensure high quality first teaching for all.
What will the course cover?
Delegates will consider:
- how to break down learning outcomes to ensure that planning and delivery covers the pre-requisite knowledge and skills to achieve success.
- how to plan to build effectively on prior knowledge and thereby increase engagement with new concepts and skills.
- low-effort, high-impact strategies to support reading, writing and language skills in every lesson.
- tried-and-tested strategies to support the teaching of abstract concepts to secure student understanding.
Who should attend?
CPD Package: Free
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Lee.Boyce@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk