Primarily aimed at Early Career Teachers and those who recently qualified, this programme is designed specifically to support teachers to implement a range of practical strategies to secure high quality first teaching for all in every lesson.
In every session, Amjad will take evidence-based research from the page to the classroom through ready-to-use, modelled examples of low-effort, high-impact strategies that ensure engagement and progress for all learners.
Classteachers will also have an opportunity to:
- work on lesson planning
- ask the expert for support
- network with their peers.
Teachers need to bring along a lesson plan, sequence of lessons or scheme of work to the session.
Why should I attend?
You want to:
- improve my understanding of SEND and additional needs.
- understand the role of the SENCO and other professionals in supporting learning in the classroom.
- best-practice in developing a set of universal teaching and learning strategies to support all students.
- understand best-practice research in the deployment of teaching assistants.
- understand how to build effective relationships with families to improve student motivation, behaviour and academic success.
What will the course cover?
Delegates will consider:
- a range of SEND diagnoses to support you to understand the difficulties that students face.
- a range of low-effort, high impact scaffolding strategies to ensure all learners are able to engage effectively and work as independently as possible.
- best-practice research along with tried-and-tested strategies for planning and working effectively with teaching assistants in the classroom.
- how to maximise the impact of interventions that are delivered outside the classroom.
- how to communicate and plan effectively with families, including those who may be ‘hard-to-engage’.
Who should attend?
CPD Package: Free
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Lee.Boyce@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk