Primarily aimed at Early Career Teachers and those who recently qualified, this programme is designed specifically to support teachers to implement a range of practical strategies to secure high quality first teaching for all in every lesson.
In every session, Amjad will take evidence-based research from the page to the classroom through ready-to-use, modelled examples of low-effort, high-impact strategies that ensure engagement and progress for all learners.
Classteachers will also have an opportunity to:
- work on lesson planning
- ask the expert for support
- network with their peers.
Teachers need to bring along a lesson plan, sequence of lessons or scheme of work to the session.
Why should I attend?
You want to:
- improve the wellbeing, motivation and learning behaviours of your students.
- explore how to establish high expectations for all students, irrespective of their individual context and needs.
- understand how to foster a culture of deep learning that supports mastery of knowledge and skills.
- understand how to support students with long-term retention of key learning and skills.
- reflect on my own practice and lesson-planning.
ECF Standards 1 and 2
What will the course cover?
Delegates will consider:
- how to establish a classroom culture of high aspiration for all.
- the Zone of Proximal Learning as a tool to stretch and challenge all learners.
- the limitations of working memory and how to avoid cognitive overload.
- effective scaffolding strategies to support independent learning; aid retention of knowledge and skills; and foster a culture of success through effort.
- how to support learners to learn by trial and error.
- how to provide effective challenge for all.
Who should attend?
CPD Package: Free
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Lee.Boyce@bdsip.co.uk
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk