These two sessions will support teachers to best prepare their children for the end of the KS2 maths assessments; ensuring that they are familiar with statutory, DFE publications and key dates. This training will also give new and existing year six teachers an opportunity to explore a range of teaching and learning strategies, games, and activities to support and prepare Y6 children for their end of year assessments.
Session 1 - Tuesday 16th November 2021 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Session 2 - Tuesday 22nd March 2022 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Why should I attend?
By attending these training sessions teachers will be confident in the KS2 assessments process; have a greater understanding of the statutory requirements and develop their subject knowledge and pedagogical approaches so that the children in year 6 know more, remember more, are challenged and develop a love of maths.
What will the course cover?
In the course we will
- explore the: Assessment & Reporting Arrangements, Teacher Assessment Frameworks, Test Administrative Guidance & Access Arrangement documents (ensuring key dates and deadlines are known).
- look at key aspects of the KS2 curriculum and consider how conceptual understanding and mastery can be achieved.
- consider assessment opportunities, identifying gaps and misconceptions, and know how to address them.
- To participate in fun and engaging activities and ideas that can be trialled back in the classroom.
- To explore a range of pedagogical approaches that will embed mathematical learning
- Consider how children that struggle can be supported whilst also challenging the more able
- Know how to develop mathematical vocabulary
- examine the arithmetic and reasoning papers including strategies that can be used throughout the year to help secure knowledge and understanding.
- To be aware of the range of high-quality resources available to support teaching and learning
- To engage with other year 6 teachers
Who should attend?
Y2 Teaching Assistants
Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Pay as you go - £100
CPD Package No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Stephen Noon
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk