These two sessions will support teachers to best prepare their children for the end of the KS1 assessments and moderation process; ensuring that they are familiar with statutory and non-statutory requirements, DFE publications and key dates. This training will also give new and existing year two teachers an opportunity to explore a range of teaching and learning strategies, games, and activities to support and prepare year 2 children for their end of year assessments.
Why should I attend?
By attending these training sessions teachers will be confident in the KS1 assessments and moderation process; have a greater understanding of the statutory and non-statutory requirements; and develop their subject knowledge and pedagogical approaches so that the children in year 2 know more, remember more, are challenged and develop a love of maths.
What will the course cover?
In the course we will:
- explore the: Assessment & Reporting Arrangements, Teacher Assessment Frameworks, Exemplification Materials, Test Administrative Guidance & Access Arrangement documents (ensuring key dates and deadlines are known).
- look at key aspects of the year 2 curriculum and consider how conceptual understanding and mastery can be achieved.
- consider assessment opportunities, identifying gaps and misconceptions, and know how to address them.
- To participate in fun and engaging activities and ideas that can be trialled back in the classroom.
- To explore a range of pedagogical approaches that will embed mathematical learning
- Consider how we can support children that struggle whilst also challenging the more able
- Know how to develop mathematical vocabulary
- examine the arithmetic and reasoning papers including strategies that can be used throughout the year to help secure knowledge and understanding.
- To be aware of the range of high-quality resources available to support teaching and learning
- To engage with other year 2 teachers
Who should attend?
Y2 Teaching Assistants
Subject Lead/ Coordinator
Pay as you go - £100
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Stephen Noon
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk