The course examines Phase 4 Phonics and considers the teaching and learning that children need in the early stages of their reading lives, exploring how Phase 4 builds on existing phonic knowledge. A Course for teachers to develop their subject knowledge and teaching pedagogy to deliver the phonics curriculum effectively.
Why should I attend?
- To develop understanding of phonics teaching for children who are early readers exploring how to move children onwards into greater confidence.
What will the course cover?
- Understand the importance of early phonological development and providing meaningful activities to support this in your setting.
- Clarify subject knowledge around the terminology related to phonics teaching.
- To know the expectations related to the pace and progression of learning within phase 4.
- Become familiar and confident with the basic phonic code and teaching of blending and segmenting.
- Receive guidance for the teaching of synthetic phonics through knowing the lesson sequence.
- Share high quality texts to support phonic teaching.
- Explore strategies for teaching common exception words.
Who should attend?
Pay as You Go - £65.00
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix at email@example.com
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk