The course examines Phase 1 Phonics and the pedagogy which underpins the early beginnings of Reading. It considers the teaching and learning that children need in the early stages of their reading lives.
Why should I attend?
- To develop understanding of early phonics/phonological teaching for children in Nursery and Reception.
- To explore the activities and teaching and learning required.
What will the course cover?
• Exploration of the Aspects of Phase 1
• Understand the importance of early phonological development and clarify subject knowledge around the terminology related to phonics teaching.
• The expectations related to the pace and progression of learning within phase 1
• Become familiar and confident with the basic phonic code and teaching of oral blending and segmenting.
• Receive guidance for the teaching of phase 1 phonics
• Share high quality texts to support phonic teaching.
Who should attend?
- Teaching Assistant
Pay as You Go - £65.00
CPD Package - No charge
Booking confirmation including access information and important pre-course information will be sent to you upon booking.
Please check your junk inbox if you do not receive your booking confirmation and ensure you mark the sender as safe to enable you to receive any further pre-course information or changes.
For specific enquiries about this course, please contact Nicola Wix at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general booking or CPD enquiries please contact CPDEvents@bdsip.co.uk